Melbourne Victory Gets Humiliated by Sydney FC in 1-6 Demolition

The 50th Big Blue has managed to provide one of the most phenomenal results in an incredible demolition lock in the decider of the A-League.

Sydney FC vs Melbourne Victory

Sydney FC has managed to humiliate Melbourne Victory with a thrilling 6-1 victory in the preliminary final of the A-League. This incredible result has equalled the most significant winning margin in the history of clashes when it comes to the Big Blue, matching Melbourne Victory’s 5-0 triumph in 2005 in only the second game between the foundation clubs.

Archie Thompson, the Fox Sports pundit, wore a Sydney FC team jersey after the game after he lost a wager. However, he didn’t have to do much to let his feelings get recognised. Thompson stated after the match that it is undoubtedly one of the darkest days in the history of Melbourne Victory and that it was challenging to take.

The victory party for Sydney FC started only three minutes into the game when the goalkeeper for Melbourne Victory, Lawrence Thomas, completely misjudged the Sydney FC corner and dropped the ball after catching it. Unfortunately, the ball rolled into the net after Aaron Calver got a slight touch on it. It was a nightmare start for Melbourne Victory and a dream come true for Sydney FC.

The defending champions, Melbourne Victory, had no answer after two late goals during the first half. Alex Brosque managed to score a phenomenal goal before he decided to put a scorcher of a strike past Thomas that resulted in an own goal thanks to the header from Leigh Bloxham.

The 50th Big Blue Match

While Melbourne Victory might have hoped for something similar to a Liverpool comeback in the Champions League, the hole got bigger and deeper as the match continued during the second half.

Sydney FC managed to comfortably march into the A-League final against Perth Glory after they doubled the lead against their rivals, only giving Melbourne Victory one consolation goal for the evening.

Adam Le Fondre managed to bag a double during the second half to humiliate Melbourne Victory and take completely revenge over the prelim shootout defeat from last year. Milos Ninkovic made it 6 for the evening before a last-minute header from Ola Toivonen placed Victory on the scoreboard.

Only one team decided to come out and play during the 50th Big Blue meeting between the biggest football clubs in Australia. This provided a nail-biting clash between Sydney FC and Perth Glory, who won against Adelaide United in a dramatic shootout on Friday evening.

This is considered the biggest win for Sydney FC in a final and the biggest defeat for Melbourne Victory, a result that no one expected to happen much like the Champions League final on 1 June 2019. As everyone would be expected, the head coach for Sydney FC was thrilled with the win and cannot wait for the final to take place against Perth Glory.